Jos led us on an incredibly varied expedition today, covering as wide an array of terrain as we’ve ever experienced in one day. Here was today’s itnierary:
- We started inland at Lake Tekapo, following a river through a series of hydroelectric dams
- We got a brief glimpse of the ever cloud-covered Mt. Cook from the shore of Lake Pukaki
- Drove to the ocean and played around the amazing Moeraki Boulders
- Had lunch at Fleur’s Place, apparently a renowned seafood place know to foodies world-wide
- Drove to Dunedin farther down the coast to see the Octagon Square in the center of town
- And finally drove to Owaka at the far Southern tip of New Zealand.
Here are a few shots to capture some of the moments.